Friday, January 16, 2015

Fun on the Web Jan 16 2015 Being Poor

So every time I am unemployed I suddenly feel poor. Not that I really am, because I make more than minimum wage on unemployment. That's supposed to be enough to live on right? Seriously, I know this is temporary for me but it's a great reminder. It also makes me mad when people talk about welfare fraud because I just don't believe it happens that often. It's too hard and too little return on the time investment.

I do know how to play the game however, so I started looking for free and sliding scale health care because I need it. (I broke a tooth and it's killing me.) Once again I was reminded how little care and concern anyone has for your time. Remember, you are supposed to be looking for work as if it was a full time job.

I just spent all day getting my mouth x-rayed for the upcoming extraction. This started at 8 am when I started calling to see if they could "fit me in". It ended about 4:30 pm when I got home and packed my cracked tooth with stuff the dentist recommended. I did a couple of errands like get a parking permit (10 minutes tops) and a small (less than $40) grocery shopping trip but seriously, all day?

Yep, and next week I might be done with that but I still need teeth cleaning (which granted, I now know where I can go cheap) and medical which can wait, but again I have done the groundwork. I spent a good part of two days assembling information, calling places to see if I met their criterion, printing out documents to prove I am poor, and filling out paperwork.

I have yet to spend the time to get my $16 worth of foodstamps. That's right I do qualify, for a whole $16 a month provided I go with tax returns, statements from unemployment, picture ID, and who knows what else they want now. I don't believe a phone call or online option will do it but probably another half day of hurry up and wait will.

Getting down off my soapbox now but after all, it is my forum here so every once in a while I just have to vent. OK so now I am off to sign up for some free school I discovered but that is a story for another day.

******************************************

Hope you enjoyed my fun on the web today!

If you know someone who would enjoy Fun on the Web,
please send them a link so that they can follow it.

If you would like to refer back to an older link or a funny,
I have added the back issues to archives here:

http://funontheweb2012.blogspot.com/ 2012-2014
http://fun-on-the-web.blogspot.com/ 2008-2011
http://more-blues.blogspot.com/ 2005-2007
http://blues-babys-rants.blogspot.com/ 2003-2004

Thanks and have a great day!


Disclaimer: All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.

This policy is subject to change at anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment